One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Care Manger (PRN). To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to www.laurelridgetc.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Provides ongoing and systematic utilization review, coordinates patient care to optimize outcomes; advocates for patient and facility; and promotes quality care and documentation.
1. Admission and continued stay reviews to ensure that care meets the clinical needs of the clients and reduces financial risk to the facility.
2. Participates in measures to improve the delivery and utilization of care and to evaluate the effectiveness of these. Enters all authorizations into the MS4/Midas daily.
3. Expert in documentation, communication, teamwork, and customer service. Advocates for internal and external customers including the client, family, physician, Treatment Team and Managed Care Organization.
4. Works in partnership with the Physician through rounds and staffing to facilitate compassionate patient communication and advocacy, effective Treatment Team planning and timely discharge planning.
5. Provides a strategic link between the Managed Care Organization, Treatment Team goals and the financial aspects of care.