One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to www.laurelridgetc.com.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide direct patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse to adults, adolescents, or children, as prescribed by the physician and treatment team. To provide for the dispensing of prescribed medications to patients and to provide safety and crisis management for patient populations and document the provision of care.
1. Provides leadership and direction to Mental Health Workers.
2. Assists in collection and documentation of a comprehensive database.
3. Administers medication and medical treatment as prescribed by a physician or physician's assistant.
4. Provides structure to and assists in maintaining the therapeutic environment.
5. Directly intervenes and assists the RN in psychiatric and/or medical crisis situations.
6. Involved in activities of daily living in order to encourage positive behaviors and foster self-care.
7. Adheres to all facility, level of care and program policies and procedures.