If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
Banner University Medical Center provides comprehensive high quality behavioral health care for adults in crisis, those needing general or specialized psychiatric services in an ambulatory setting, and adults, including older adults, needing inpatient treatment. Our services are individualized to the patient's needs and when necessary further support services are coordinated with other providers in Banner or the community. As a counselor you will work at a variety of ambulatory medical clinics around Tucson and work in collaboration with our multi-specialty clinic providers. The ideal candidate is an LAC or LMSW seeking an innovative, collaborative, and dynamic practice.
The position is full-time, Monday through Friday, usually from 8a to 5p.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY Provides clinical assessment and psychotherapy services for defined patient population. Services are provided to patients, families and/or groups and may be in both inpatient, residential, and outpatient settings. Position provides treatment in one or more of the following areas: substance abuse, emotional and behavioral issues, eating disorders and other mental disorders as outlined in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (DSM).
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides assessment and direct psychotherapy to individuals, families, and groups. Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge, interacting with the physician and other members of the clinical treatment team to provide quality patient care.
2. Provides education and orientation for patients, families and others to assigned treatment program to aid in therapeutic process. Collaborates with the patient in the development of a written treatment plan. Includes patient and family involvement in assessment, treatment, education and discharge planning.
3. Monitors patients on an ongoing basis to continually assess needs and facilitate treatment and interventions. Documents clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan, diagnostic summaries, and progress charting in a timely manner to assure comprehensive and quality patient care.
4. Actively participates as member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and peers.
5. May provide clinical updates to representatives of managed care to assure coordination and reimbursement of treatments services. May conduct cognitive testing and document results.
6. Coordinates with community based providers to assure optimal levels of care post discharge and to maximize treatment outcomes.
7. Provides critical assessments and appropriate treatment plan; Manages and provides direct care of patients in behavioral health treatment program (may be specialty area or across disciplines). Monitors, reassesses and documents treatment programs. Interacts with patients, families, groups, all levels of clinical staff in assigned program, physicians. External contacts include managed care providers, community resources, and referral agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a Master's degree in counseling, behavioral health, or a related human services field, or educational requirement as mandated by state board in order to obtain licensure in field of specialty.
Behavioral Health Licensure or working toward licensure in field of specialty as mandated by state board or regulatory agency. Depending on area of focus, may require a License in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) as mandated by state board.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years experience in a behavioral health setting. Requires ability to work with a diverse population along with interpersonal skills and knowledge required in treating patients in area of assigned specialty.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Behavioral Health Licensure is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1425
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.