In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
Looking for a motivated, experienced, Coding Leader to join our talented Ambulatory Coding team. We are in need of a Sr. Coding Leader with experience on the Pro Fee side of Surgical, Hem/Med/Rad Onc and Stem Cell coding to lead one of our Ambulatory Coding teams. Banner Health's Ambulatory Coding team is responsible for the Pro Fee coding for a multitude of Provider Depts (Academic) and Clinics (Non-Academic) t hat can also perform surgeries in several Banner hospitals across AZ, CO and WY. An ideal candidate will have Academic facility and Non-Academic clinic experience in Oncology. Our Leaders and Coders work in a remote environment. Our Leadership team is diverse in skillsets and our focus is on teamwork to manage our work and meet organizational metrics. Come bring your talents to our team where we can learn from each other.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position leads a designated medical coding team across multiple locations. The position has shared responsibility to assist in achieving the business unit goals in targeted areas such as unbilled accounts receivable, compliance with regulatory requirements and data integrity. The position works collaboratively with Sr. Coding Leaders and Directors to achieve designated financial and revenue cycle goals and coding compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for staff assigned to coding function. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff in targeted areas, such as unbilled accounts receivable, quality and timeliness of clinical coding assignments, data integrity and reimbursement with third party payers. Provides for the education, development and shared leadership of staff.
2. Assists in setting and maintaining budgetary department goals for the coding area. Monitors overtime and unbilled to help achieve budget goals.
3. Participate in organization performance improvements by monitoring of the coding scorecard which includes: unbilled A/R; Medicare second reviews; RAC denials; first time submission acceptance for the state; coding accuracy; % clean claims; staff stats; etc. Participates in the improvement of processes and programs.
4. Works collaboratively with other leaders to establish coding quality, productivity and best practices. Monitors goals, productivity and quality standards in conjunction with industry trends. Identifies potential improvements and moves team to achieve next level of performance with regards to coding quality, productivity and best practices.
5. Participates in developing standard coding policies/procedures/guidelines to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory guidelines to minimize risk for the organization. Supports coding infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of coding and abstracting of clinical data to support patient care processes.
6. Monitors data integrity on regular basis to ensure abstracted data elements meet requirements, performs staff training and education. May support software testing by providing staff to ensure proper functionality of applications when requested.
7. Position is responsible for 30% management/ 70% staff responsibilities and includes production coding, in addition, to coding oversight for a designed coding team and is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, coding accuracy, data integrity and/or complete and appropriate reimbursement from third party payers. The coding will withstand the scrutiny of internal and/or external reviews.
Requires a degree in Health Information or a related area, with coursework in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or the equivalent training and education.
Requires Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) if employed in the Imaging space.
Must possess a strong knowledge and background in coding as normally demonstrated through five or more years of progressive coding experience preferably within a major health care organization or health system setting. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively. Requires the ability to work effectively with all common office software and coding software applications.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of computer applications and their applicability to coding.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23379
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.