Banner Health is conducting a national search for a Senior Operations Director of Medical Specialties to join Banner Medical Group. The Senior Director will be responsible for planning, growth and operational excellence of the Medical Specialty product line/clinics located in Arizona. These responsibilities will be in partnership with the Division Medical Director. The Senior Operations Director will facilitate alignment, process enhancement and leadership collaboration with approximately 100 Providers, 170+ staff, and 2 direct reports at the Operations Director level. The Senior Operations Director ensures the needs of patients, physicians, customers and associates are met.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has primary accountability for producing desired results including financial performance, patient loyalty, growth initiatives, and quality clinical outcomes. Builds and maintains positive relationships with employees, medical staff, and the community. Plans, develops, and oversees growth and improvement of ambulatory services in primary and/or specialty care. Ensures efficient utilization of resources, process development, acquisition of technology, and program development consistent with company initiatives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Promotes high performance expectations for the leadership/management team. Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Motivates and develops team members and promotes teamwork.
2. Responsible for maintaining financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin), and making appropriate decisions pertinent to capital and technology acquisition (maximizing return on investment
3. Maintains a service excellence culture with high expectations established for patient loyalty. This culture should create an environment that results in high employee retention and high employee satisfaction. This service excellence culture includes ongoing and meaningful communication with employees to ensure that all staff members are well informed and recognized appropriately.
4. Develops and maintains positive relations with the medical staff. Promotes collaboration between system and hospital management and the medical staff. Works with the medical staff to assure the provision of high quality patient health care and desired medical management outcomes.
5. To assure continued growth the position actively participates in tactical, program and operational planning. Uses forecasting and planning processes to identify capital and technology acquisitions and program development. Such planning will result in desired growth in terms of capacity and capability of services offered to ensure the delivery of services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
6. Participates in community and industry activities in an effort to enhance community recognition of the company and the medical group, and to obtain cooperation and support of the community on issues that impact the medical group. Positively represents the company and the medical group in the community, garnering desired community support.
7. This position has full managerial scope and authority for employment actions, including coaching, candidate selection, training and development, performance appraisals, work assignments, and disciplinary action. This position also has budgetary responsibility
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience. Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.