DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Oversees and coordinates various Patient Accounting/Patient Management activities for Sinai-Grace Psychiatric Services including billing, coding/data entry, registration, insurance verification/authorization, and pre-certification/re-certification. Ensures that bills are processed and reimbursed in a timely matter according to billing procedures and third party regulations. Supervises the identification and resolution of all billing issues including erroneous patient balances, bad debt accounts and third party issues with patient accounting. Ensures accuracy and completeness of input/output data in order to generate insurance claim and patient statement information. Oversees audits on patient demographic and insurance information collected by registration personnel. Resolves operational issues concerning registration and insurance related matters. As directed, drafts policy provisions and provides interpretation of functional policies. Identifies needs for and drafts or defines procedures/protocols in collaboration with higher management input. Initiates and recommends personnel actions such as hires, fires, disciplines, etc. Completes performance appraisals. Develops goals and measures for area and, as requested, assists in assessment of goal attainment. Assists in developing and monitoring budget.
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
2. Two to three years progressively more responsible related experience, including leadership experience.
1. Analytical ability to define functional, unit or service procedures, to independently oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options, to interpret policies, to assist in planning short to mid-range goals and determining measures, and to assess and monitor progress toward function/area goal attainment.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information and department or function policy. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit or function and occasionally on an interdepartmental or inter-functional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the specialty area is necessary.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Technical knowledge of computerized accounting systems, third party payor regulations, credit and collection procedures, and inpatient and outpatient billing procedures.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.