Manager - Advanced Practice Providers - MG-Admin (1.0FTE, Days)
Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 7209213
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This Manager of Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) leads and manages APPs in Hematology, Oncology, Palliative Care and Stem Cell Transplant. This is an opportunity to work with world class experts and participate in innovative research and cutting-edge patient care in both the ambulatory and inpatient care settings. Our Advanced Practice leadership structure is well defined and supported by the organization. Experience in Oncology or Stem Cell Transplant is preferred. Leadership experience is preferred.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Manager - Advanced Practice Providers (APP) provides administrative and clinical practice leadership to and manages APPs (Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Certified Nurse Midwives) in select areas of Stanford Children's Health. In collaboration with the Director of Advanced Practice, the APP manager participates in developing structured APP associated metrics for assessing outcomes of APP care and quality of care metrics; ensuring that APPs meet various state and federal regulatory agency requirements, and ensure that APPs participate in cost-savings and revenue-generating practices.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
STANDARD WORK MANAGEMENT
* Manages assigned staff and functions by assigning work, developing work procedures consistent with hospital policy, establishing work schedules and monitoring work performance performed by direct reports in order to meet agreed-upon goals, objectives, and target dates.
* Leads efforts to assess outcomes (including but not limited to patient access, increased revenue, patients satisfaction, team engagement, quality outcomes) of APP care throughout SCH.
* Ensures that APPs throughout SCH have evidence-based practices that support cost-savings and revenue generating initiatives.
* Reviews and approved bi-weekly timecards for direct reports and oversight of Assistant Manager-Advanced Practice Providers and their direct reports.
* Supervises work of Assistant Manager-Advanced Practice Providers.
* Conducts annual performance reviews in addition to meeting biannual OPPE/FPPE standards as appropriate
* Ensure APPs are practicing to their full scope of practice.
* Collaborates with leadership to develop business case for APPs in respective service lines.
* Performs management functions by interviewing and hiring APPs; providing or arranging for training for APP direct reports;
* Recommends or initiate personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, merit salary increases, or disciplinary action in order to ensure adequate and competent staffing as well as initiating or recommending responses to employee, patient/family grievances.
CENTER OF ADVANCED PRACTICE INITIATIVES * Collaborates with the Director of Advanced Practice to create, support, or lead initiatives to improve the work environment of APPs throughout SCH.
* Supports the shared governance model to promote structural empowerment and participate in Magnet activities.
* Ensures that APPs meet various local, state, and federal regulatory agency requirements.
* Serves on hospital-wide committees and/or serves as a liaison to APP committees
FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT * Evaluates productivity measures by analyzing visit volumes, gaps, and investigating and implementing identified solutions.
* Evaluates funding, billing, and reimbursement models and troubleshoot with hospital operation to ensure models are maximized for revenue and cost savings initiatives.
* Performs variance analysis by interpreting financial performance and identifying key drivers.
CLINICAL PRACTICE: * May also participate in a clinical practice.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing or other healthcare-related field from an accredited university.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience as a licensed advanced practice provider: (Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist). Management experience preferred.
License/Certification: (a): PA - Valid California license to practice as a Physician Assistant - OR - (a): RN - Valid California license to practice as a Registered Nurse -AND - one of the following advanced practice nursing licenses is qualifying: (b) NP - Valid California license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner, - OR - (b) CNS - Valid California license to practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, - OR - (b) CRNA - Valid California license to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification. * Management principles and practices such as, but not limited to, employee hiring, evaluation, counseling, and termination; budgeting; and employee recognition and rewards.
* Practice evaluation and process improvement.
* National professional organizational and regulatory agency initiatives.
* Standards of care and practice of APP roles.
Ability to: * Communicate effectively in many venues from individual 1-on-1 sessions to a large audience.
* Recognize/reward or counsel staff.
* Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Conduct efficient and supportive process improvement activities.
* Contribute positively, proactively, and adeptly in institution-wide and Center of Advanced Practice initiatives.
* Translate and implement national initiatives at SCH.
Physical Requirements The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.