The Sterile Processing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the workflow processes of decontamination, assembly, packaging, sterilization, instrumentation, storage and preparation and distribution of OR case carts, as well as distribution of instrumentation for other Nursing units and Ambulatory Care Services. The Sterile Processing Supervisor: assists the program manager in human resource-related functions; demonstrates personal and professional effectiveness; willingness to delegate job duties; acceptance of new ideas; and the ability to work under stressful conditions.
1. Education/specialized training/licensure: a. Education: High School diploma or equivalent b. Licensure/Certification: Certified Registered central Service Technician (CRCST), Certified Sterile Processing Distribution Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) required. Certification in Central Service/Sterile Processing must be achieved within 1 year of employment if not present at hire.
2. Work experience: Three (3) years of Sterile Processing/OR experience required.
3. Management experience: Documented leadership roles in OR/Sterile Processing.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Bilingual Skills Required: No Languages: Bilingual skills preferred Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Medical Terms, P.C., Word Proc
3. Advanced Education: Advanced Training Specialty: Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), Certified Sterile Processing Distribution Technician (CSPDT), or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime, Travel, On Call
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.