Location: Warwick, New York
Performs electroencephalograms (EEG) and special diagnostic tests according to established policies and procedures.
* Performs EEG tests on both in-patients and out-patients.
* Orientates patients to test procedures to relieve patients' anxieties and to ensure cooperation.
* Measures head and applies electrodes following 10/20 system.
* Verifies quality of recording (impedance, artifacts, etc.)
* Changes montages to delineate areas of abnormality if present.
* Completes patient analysis form: detail summary of test results.
* Assures EEG is within lab specifications for maximum quality; reviews results with physicians during reading sessions.
* Demonstrates knowledge of basic anatomy, terminology, and physiology relevant to the EEG.
* Performs special diagnostic tests:
o Cerebral death studies.
o 24-HOUR EEG recording (Ambulatory).
o Neonate recordings.
o Awake and Asleep (Sleep Deprivation).
o Other as indicated by ordering physician/supervisor.
* Determines appropriate recording parameters on patients relative to specific needs such as structural deviations (shunts, burr holes, etc.), behaviors (that affect recordings) and others as indicated by patient history or observation.
* Has a working knowledge of basic stimulation procedures and performs techniques for recording other physiological variables: ECG, respirations, surface EMG, eye movements and bodily movements (tics, etc.)
* Maintains both equipment and lab facility for safety and infection control purposes.
* Participates in on-going education in technical and clinical aspects of END procedures through staff meetings, in-services, attendance at workshops and independent reading/study to keep abreast of latest developments to continuously improve and upgrade skills. Continues to follow through independently on all required reading/testing programs as assigned to each department/staff for continued quality control through computer web site or otherwise.
* Performs descriptive/factual reporting and technical interpretations on EEG recordings.
* Assists in maintaining accurate and current files for EEG services.
* Maintains a clean and well attended testing environment for patients.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the units.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
* Provides patient care to Neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: one year of EEG testing experience or training.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Licenses / Certifications: N/A
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.