In the highly visible role of??HR Executive Director, Physician Enterprise & Corporate Services??you will have the opportunity to lead an incredibly experienced human resources team in supporting complex physician and provider groups, ambulatory services and corporate functions across the organization. You will serve as an influential member of the human resources leadership team, responsible for creating and implementing physician and provider HR strategies in partnership with physician leaders, operations, and partners in specialized HR functions.You will be a seasoned leader with a proven track record in execution and influence at the highest level, as we are transforming as an organization in innovation.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for driving business solutions and talent management strategies for the physician enterprise and corporate functions. The leader will be a vital member of the HR leadership team and operates as part of the senior leadership team within their respective business lines and communities, driving system integration. This position serves as a primary advisor to senior business leaders on broad talent issues that impact engagement, retention, and overall business performance and results. The incumbent will be the most senior HR leadership member responsible for creating and implementing physician and provider HR strategies in partnership with physician leaders, operations, and partners in specialized HR functions. This position is responsible for serving as a role model across the system, positively representing Banner within and outside the organization.
1. Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives that drive critical talent management solutions to complex business situations, leading to improved performance and integration across corporate and physician organizations. Participates as an HR subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams, and councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and activities for the entire organization.
2. The position promotes system consistency while addressing unique business issues. This position requires the skill to influence management at all levels in creating an environment of choice in a fast-paced environment. This role faces unpredictable situations that may have significant financial and exposure for Banner's brand. This role coordinates services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with leaders, staff members, division and department heads, and medical staff that drives system integration. This position's internal and external customers include leadership, staff, physicians, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and community partners.
3. Builds effective, high-performing teams, creating appropriate solutions while building strong business relationships, continuously but collaboratively representing the proactive business perspective in the design, two-way communication, and implementation of all HR programs with other segments of the HR team. Holds direct and indirect report leaders and team members accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with them to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting initiatives and operations. Develops staff to ensure continued professional growth and provide the company's competencies to support its growth and long-term success. Articulates and demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that consider all stakeholders. Fosters an environment that focuses on processes and outcomes. Effectively assesses organizational talent, helping others to drive positive results for the organization. ??
??4. Serves as a highly visible and influential member of the human resources leadership team and instills trust while providing counsel and guidance in all areas of human resource management. The position performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, and applicable professional standards. Consults on potential labor impacts affecting people strategy and helps to maintain an environment of high retention and engagement, free of third-party influence. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations, develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and resolves problems.
5. Directs and participates in developing, implementing, and consistently applying effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to safeguard assets, ensure policy compliance, and meet current laws and regulations. ??
6. Develops and manages the department budget to meet corporate goals and objectives. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into annual operating and capital budget assumptions; negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and services and evaluates quality and performance.
7. Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the system's mission, vision, and values.
8. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents data-driven recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and other applicable areas of interest to provide concise and accurate information that aids decision-making.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related areas of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible human resources leadership experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment. Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Extensive human resources and/or operations experience supporting complex physician and provider groups. Senior level HR experience, including the leadership of other people managers.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.